Sunday, October 3, 2010

Aged Love

Quote: Ur relationship is only as strong as its ability to with stand the darkest times & the heaviest storms. Anything worth having for a lifetime is that very thing that GOD has assembled and is test driving. Not for errors, because HE makes NO( mistakes. but to assure you can handle it "Flying by Faith"- Mikeyonna Dedmon

The things we have yet to value in life, or those things that were used to build the worlds strongest relationships in the past6. a few weeks ago I was given the opportunity to meet and greet with an older couple on a trip that I took. After making small conversation, I noticed how much in tune they were to one another, and it raised a question in my head. How long had they actually been married? So I asked "63 years" was the response. WOW!!!! I don't know why, but that number triggered a nerve in my body which turned on emotions...lol Tears to be exact...

How does one maintain such a striking interest in someone for more than 60 years? Looking at the morals and standards of some of the relationships TODAY! I'm not sure that interest will make it pass 60 days! NO HUMOR ALL TRUE!! you can see in the eyes of this couple that LETTING GO was the LAST if not forbidden option. I think the difference lies with the foundation on which they built their relationship. IT did NOT consist of a mixture of Material, financial, sexual, or physical attributes or selfish personal gain, but more of a combination of TRUST, communication, faith, honesty, appreciation, spiritual and self satisfaction, all of which are bounded with strength and determination of teamwork and togetherness. As they progressed together they then began to add extras to compliment their relationship but that did not make their relationship. I overly admire these morals and standards. Although I enjoy the perks of my generation, when it comes the love I would give anything to swap out generations. TO know the true meaning behind loving someone and understanding the struggle but gratification of being able to stand in sync with someone for the rest your lives. and the most interesting part and difference among generations is that normally the one they married was their first love, the parent to their children, and the person they are still in love with. it doesn't seem that they dated as much as today! maybe one person before, but it wasn't a lot of partner changing going on. ON TO THE NEXT.... wasn't a popular phrase. lol they didn't date multiple people at once. IT just seemed to be unheard of. it wasn't things like " oh she/ he isn't buying me enough or pleasing me enough, so I'm going to make Patty? Peter my everything because they can" NOPE, it just wasn't happening. There are just so many more things I could point out, But ill definitely be sure to touch on them and tie them into upcoming quotes...lol stay tuned

No comments: