Monday, October 11, 2010

Throwback Night



Let's call this a throw back night. Lol So I was cleaning my room and found one of my notebooks! So similar to this blog. I keep all my thought and poems into the pages of. Notebook. From front to back. I filled the pages with no resentment. There are two poems I would like to share. Each one came at a very interesting and important time of my life. Lol

The first poem is called "sitting in opposites"

He asked my name

He took my number

He reached for my hand

He request moments of my time

He showed his interest

He made the attempt

I told him my name

I gave him my number

I pulled back my hand

I denied his request for my time

I ignored his interest

I rejected the attempt without giving it a chance

He asked her name

He took her number

He reached for her hand

He requested her time

He showed his interest in her

He made the attempt and now she's the Lucky one!

I wished he'd asked my name again

I wished he'd call again

I wished my hand was in his

I wished he had the time again

I wished he was interested again

I attempted to imagine, what it would be to be her!

The second one, I absolutely love!

The days are filled with sorrow and hurt The nights are abandoned and cold with streams of tears The heart crumbles at the rise of every breath The pain hurts with every lash towards the lack Who would understand the cry out? The demand for understanding is the emotional tantrum that the heart endures when it's broken. The feet are scared and tormented from the weight forced upon the shoulders, while struggling to walk the walk of life. Who will recognize the cry out? The hands are clenched with fear of offering it and being turned upon. Trust lingers upon the hand, unclaimed Words go unspoken Emotions are caged by the soul The blank face, empty soul, broken heart, misunderstood Don't ignore the cry out Understand it, recognize it, hear the cry out!

Wow! I love that poem! Both poems came At times I will never forget! Seeing these Poems, helps me to fall Back in love with my writing. Throwback days are so much fun & they actually remind you! Why u are still doing what u do!!! I love having throwback moments :-)