Saturday, October 30, 2010

maybe if........

Currently Playing:
Miguel ft J. Cole " All I want is you"

You cant make someone love you, or realize your self-worth. A common myth associated with relationships is "what i wont do, another one is waiting to do" The truth is that, yes someone maybe waiting to take your spot, yeah there will always be someone who will do SOME things that you may not be quick to do. But what that statement fails to address is "what are the things THAT you WILL DO, that others want" Before you look at you relationship based on the first statement, think about those things that you do, that only a real woman or real men does for someone that they love. Its always things that the next will not take on. Mainly it constist of the things that Are not entertaining or fun. Were talking about riding out the tough times, money shortage, stress, family problems, extra grinding, selfishless acts, sacrificing self needs, all of which things that are hardly ever rewarded or recognized by the counter part. Just my thoughts.......

Maybe if I had longer hair
maybe if i lost a little weight
maybe if I had lighter skin
maybe if my smile was a little brighter
maybe I wouldn't be wishing

Maybe if I had a better job
Maybe if i was born into money
maybe if my car was lavish
maybe if my clothes had a name
maybe I would be remembered

Maybe if my hair was curly
maybe if my clothes fit tighter
maybe if my eyes were lighter
maybe if my shoe size was smaller
maybe gift giving would be easier

Maybe if i had taken a chance
maybe if my kiss was deeper
maybe of my touch was softer
maybe if my voice was sweeter
maybe i would be labeled

Maybe if my experience was longer
maybe if my desire was stronger
maybe if my degree was higher
maybe if my name was shorter
maybe if i was all these, I would be someone else

Maybe I should be comfortable with who i am
maybe I should appreciate what I have
maybe I should engage in my qualities
maybe I should except my imperfection
maybe then I would find the happiness I look for others to bring me

No comments: